Friday, July 31, 2009

It's a zoo in here.


I've been meaning to start this blog for some time. I think it will be a good way to keep our far-away relatives up to date on our family happenings and a good, semi-creative outlet for me. I don't profess to being much of a writer, but with four kids 6 and under this stuff will pretty much write itself.


For example, as I type this my two middle children are having a "snowball fight" with the baby wipes. Wasteful, but entertaining. Tobin is also trying to explain to me that when Evan gets older he will like girl Barbies. When I asked her why only girl Barbies she said "Well, I can buy him a lot of boy Barbies and just one girl Barbie." Ok.


I suppose I should introduce myself for those who may not already know me. My name is Sam. I am a stay-at-home mother to Tobin (6/03), Alex (12/04), Chloe (12/06), and Evan (3/6/09- I had to include the day since that is quite possibly the coolest birthday ever.) We live in VA where my husband of almost 7 years, Chris, works as the general manager of a Panera Bread. (Yes, we do eat there often!) We are an attachment/instinctual parenting type of family. Which includes cloth diapering, babywearing, and gentle discipline. We also homeschool.
Now that I have the basics out of the way I'd better go and finish the dishes while the children are relatively happy and occupied. Welcome to the zoo!

2 comments: